Afif 85*, Bijoy 76 take Bangladesh to 256/9
Published: 17:03 10 August 2022 Updated: 17:04 10 August 2022
Anamul Haque Bijoy- Photo: Collected
Afif Hossain and Anamul Haque Bijoy hit the fifties but Bangladesh could not put big total against Zimbabwe in the 3rd ODI of the series. Zimbabwe are leading the three-match series 2-0. If they win today they will whitewash Bangladesh after 21 years.
After winning the toss Zimbabwe asked Bangladesh to bat first at Harare Sports Club. Tamim Iqbal and Anamul Haque Bijoy were cautious from the beginning they put 41 runs for the opening stand before Tamim got unfortunately run out for 30-ball 19. From here, Bangladesh reduced to 3-47 when Evans sent Najmul Hossain Shanto (0) and Mushfiqur Rahim (0) in the same over.
From here, Bijoy and Mahmudullah tried to turn around and shared 77 off 90 between them before Bijoy got out for 76 off 71, he smacked 6 fours and 2 sixes.
Mahmudullah and Afif Hossain made 57-ball 49 for the fifth wickets stand before the former got four for 69-ball 39. Afif and Miraz put 33 off 47 balls for the sixth wickets stand before Miraz got out for 14 off 24.
Afif fought alone till the end but none can provide him worthy company and Bangladesh finished their innings on 256/9. Afif scored 85 off 81, his innings adorned with six fours and two sixes.
For Zimbabwe, Luke Jongwe took 2/38, Brad Evans 2/53, Richard Ngarava 1/51, and Sikandar Raza 1/42.
- Bangladesh`s Mukul to umpire in India-Pakistan match
- India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
- Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
- Shakib named icon of Bangla Tigers for T10 tournament
- Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka win toss, bowl first
- Lanka show bowling dominance as Pak all out 121
- Bangladesh beat Cambodia 1-0 in FIFA tier-1 Friendly match
- Bangladesh cricketers leave country
- Naim, Ebadot to join Bangladesh ODI squad
- Star retains ICC rights until 2027
- South Africa all out for 118 in 3rd Test
- Bangladesh get extension to name Asia Cup squad
- No experiment in tri-nation T20 series in NZ: Sumon
- Bangladesh beat India 3-0, secure semifinal as group champion