India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
Published: 22:17 2 August 2022 Updated: 22:21 2 August 2022
India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28- File Photo
The schedule of the 2022 Asia Cup has been announced with Sri Lanka taking on Afghanistan in the tournament opener on Saturday, August 27 in Dubai. This will be followed by India vs Pakistan the following day, also at the Dubai International Stadium.
The schedule was shared by Asian Cricket Council chief Jay Shah on Twitter.
The tournament, originally to be played in Sri Lanka was moved to UAE a few days back following the unrest in Sri Lanka. Ten out of the thirteen games including the final are set to be played in Dubai, with the rest to take place in Sharjah.
India, Pakistan and a qualifier will be in Group A while Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan are in Group B. The top two teams from each group will further play in a 'Super 4' round, meaning there is a high probability of at least another India - Pakistan game in the second round. The final is scheduled for September 11.
- Bangladesh`s Mukul to umpire in India-Pakistan match
- India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
- Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
- Shakib named icon of Bangla Tigers for T10 tournament
- Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka win toss, bowl first
- Lanka show bowling dominance as Pak all out 121
- Bangladesh beat Cambodia 1-0 in FIFA tier-1 Friendly match
- Bangladesh cricketers leave country
- Naim, Ebadot to join Bangladesh ODI squad
- Star retains ICC rights until 2027
- South Africa all out for 118 in 3rd Test
- Bangladesh get extension to name Asia Cup squad
- No experiment in tri-nation T20 series in NZ: Sumon
- Bangladesh beat India 3-0, secure semifinal as group champion