Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
Published: 21:15 2 August 2022 Updated: 21:20 2 August 2022
Bangladesh U-20 national football team ensured their spot in final of the SAFF U-20 Championship after playing out to a 1-1 goal draw with Nepal held today (Tuesday) at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India.
The final will be held on Friday (August 5) at the same venue. After a barren first half, Pias Ahmed Nova finally broke the deadlock scoring the first goal for Bangladesh in the 63rd minute while Niranjan Malla restored the parity for Nepal in the 68th minute of the match.
Earlier, Bangladesh managed a hard-fought solitary goal victory over Sri Lanka, courtesy of Mirazul Islam's all-important goal in the 71st minute of the match, in their tournament opening match and defeated host India by 2-1 goals in their second match and overpowered the Maldives by 4-1 goals in their third match of the championship.
A total of five teams - defending champions India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and the Maldives - are taking part in the tournament which is being held in round robin league basis.
Bangladesh U-20 squad - Mohammad Emon, Mohammad Asif, Shanto Kumar Ray, Tanvir Hossain, Imran Khan, Ashikur Rahman, Samuel Raksam, Shahin Ahammad, Rajon Hawladar, Azizul Hoque Ananto, Sirajul Islam Rana, Sojol Tripura, Nazmul Huda Faysal, Akkas Ali, Mojibor Rahman Jony, Moinul Islam Moin, Shahidul Islam, Mohammad Nahian, Mursed Ali, Rafiqul Islam, Sajed Hasan Jummon, Piyash Ahmmed Nova and Miraj Islam.
- Bangladesh`s Mukul to umpire in India-Pakistan match
- India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
- Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
- Shakib named icon of Bangla Tigers for T10 tournament
- Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka win toss, bowl first
- Lanka show bowling dominance as Pak all out 121
- Bangladesh beat Cambodia 1-0 in FIFA tier-1 Friendly match
- Bangladesh cricketers leave country
- Naim, Ebadot to join Bangladesh ODI squad
- Star retains ICC rights until 2027
- South Africa all out for 118 in 3rd Test
- Bangladesh get extension to name Asia Cup squad
- No experiment in tri-nation T20 series in NZ: Sumon
- Bangladesh beat India 3-0, secure semifinal as group champion