Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
Published: 19:47 25 July 2022
Brazilian forward Robinho scored a brace as holders Bashundhara Kings earned an exciting 3-2 goal victory over Abahani Limited Dhaka in their penultimate match of TVS Bangladesh Premier League football held today (Monday) at Bashundhara Sports Complex in the capital.
Apart from Robinho’s two goals, Gambian forward Nuha Marong supported him with a lone goal for Kings. Forward Rakib Hossain and Brazilian midfielder Raphael Augusto netted one goal apiece for Abahani Limited.
The match was locked 1-1 at the breather.
Nuha Marong opened an account scoring the first goal for Kings in the 20th minute while Rakib restored the parity for Abahani Limited in the 45+1st minute of the match.
After the breather, Kings again took the lead as Robinho scored the second goal in the 71st minute and further widened the margin by scoring his second and third goals for Kings in the 90+1st minute of the match.
Raphael Augusto reduced the margin by scoring the second goal for Kings in the 90+4th minute from a spot kick.
Kings, who earlier confirmed their hat-trick crown by beating Saif Sporting Club by 2-0 goals in their last match of the league, raised their tally to 54 points from 21 matches while the defending runners-up Abahani Limited remained at their previous credit of 44 points playing the same number of matches.
Both Bashundhara and Abahani Limited will play their last matches of the league against Lieutenant Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club and Uttar Baridhara Club respectively on July 31.
- Bangladesh`s Mukul to umpire in India-Pakistan match
- India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
- Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
- Shakib named icon of Bangla Tigers for T10 tournament
- Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka win toss, bowl first
- Lanka show bowling dominance as Pak all out 121
- Bangladesh beat Cambodia 1-0 in FIFA tier-1 Friendly match
- Bangladesh cricketers leave country
- Naim, Ebadot to join Bangladesh ODI squad
- Star retains ICC rights until 2027
- South Africa all out for 118 in 3rd Test
- Bangladesh get extension to name Asia Cup squad
- No experiment in tri-nation T20 series in NZ: Sumon
- Bangladesh beat India 3-0, secure semifinal as group champion