Bangladesh field first after losing toss, Shakib in XI
Published: 09:49 15 May 2022 Updated: 11:51 15 May 2022
The match is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM
Sri Lanka have won the toss and to bat first against Bangladesh in the first of two-match Test series at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Sunday.
Winning the toss, Sri Lankan captain Dimuth Karunaratne did not think twice to make the decision to bat first on Sagarika's batting-friendly wicket.
The match, which is part of the ICC World Test Championship, is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM.
Bangladesh came to the match, dropping fast bowler Ebadot Hossain, who led their historical victory against New Zealand earlier this year. However, the home side was boosted by the return of ace allrounder Shakib Al Hasan who missed the two series in New Zealand and South Africa.
The Tigers also included Nayeem Hasan, an offspinner who played his last Test against West Indies 15 months ago. Nayeem will form a three-pronged spin attack with left-arm spinner duo Taijul Islam and Shakib Al Hasan.
Experienced batter Dinesh Chandimal is back to the Lankan side after missing the series against India in which Sri Lanka tasted a 2-0 defeat.
They left out left-arm spinner Praveen Jayawickrema who was one of their most successful bowlers in India series, taking seven wickets in the only game he played. Spinning allrounder Ramesh Mendis was chosen ahead of him.
Bangladesh XI: Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mominul Haque (capt), Mushfiqur Rahim, Litton Das (wk), Shakib Al Hasan, Nayeem Hasan, Taijul Islam, Shoriful Islam, Khaled Ahmed
Sri Lanka XI: Dimuth Karunaratne (capt), Oshada Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dinesh Chandimal, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Ramesh Mendis, Lasith Embuldeniya, Asitha Fernando, Vishwa Fernando
- Bangladesh`s Mukul to umpire in India-Pakistan match
- India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
- Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
- Shakib named icon of Bangla Tigers for T10 tournament
- Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka win toss, bowl first
- Lanka show bowling dominance as Pak all out 121
- Bangladesh beat Cambodia 1-0 in FIFA tier-1 Friendly match
- Bangladesh cricketers leave country
- Naim, Ebadot to join Bangladesh ODI squad
- Star retains ICC rights until 2027
- South Africa all out for 118 in 3rd Test
- Bangladesh get extension to name Asia Cup squad
- No experiment in tri-nation T20 series in NZ: Sumon
- Bangladesh beat India 3-0, secure semifinal as group champion