Sri Lanka announces primary squad for Bangladesh series
Published: 09:38 16 April 2022 Updated: 17:46 16 April 2022
Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on Friday announced a 23-member primary squad for the upcoming two-match Test series against Bangladesh which is scheduled to begin in May.
From 23 members of the preliminary squad, 18 cricketers will visit Bangladesh to take part in the series. Lahiru Thirimanne and Charith Asalanka, who were in the squad for the last series, have been dropped from the preliminary squad.
Surprisingly, however, Kamindu Mendis, the highest run-scorer in the Sri Lankan domestic four-day tournament, has not been included in the preliminary squad. Meanwhile, Roshan Silva and Oshada Fernando have been called up for the team.
The first match will begin on May 15 at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Sagarika, Chattogram while the second match will be on May 23 at the Sher-E-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur. The Sri Lankan cricket team is scheduled to arrive in Bangladesh on May 8 to play the series.
Sri Lanka Preliminary Squad:
Dimuth Karunaratne (captain), Oshada Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Dhananjaya de Silva (co-captain), Angelo Mathews, Kamil Mishra, Kusal Mendis, Roshan Silva, Niroshan Dickwella, Dinesh Chandimal, Ramish Karunas, Ramisha, Dilshan Madushanka, Shiran Fernando, Mohamed Shiraz, Praveen Jayawickrama, Lasith Embuldeniya, Jeffrey Venderse, Lakshitha Munasinghe and Suminda Lakshan.
- Bangladesh`s Mukul to umpire in India-Pakistan match
- India-Pakistan Asia Cup match set for August 28
- Bashundhara Kings earn exiting win over Abahani in BPL
- Shakib named icon of Bangla Tigers for T10 tournament
- Bangladesh ensure spot of SAFF U-20 final
- Asia Cup: Sri Lanka win toss, bowl first
- Lanka show bowling dominance as Pak all out 121
- Bangladesh beat Cambodia 1-0 in FIFA tier-1 Friendly match
- Bangladesh cricketers leave country
- Naim, Ebadot to join Bangladesh ODI squad
- Star retains ICC rights until 2027
- South Africa all out for 118 in 3rd Test
- Bangladesh get extension to name Asia Cup squad
- No experiment in tri-nation T20 series in NZ: Sumon
- Bangladesh beat India 3-0, secure semifinal as group champion