Year’s last lunar eclipse tomorrow: BMD releases date, time
Published: 14:39 18 November 2021
This year’s last lunar eclipse will take place tomorrow, Friday. On the day, the lunar eclipse will be seen from different parts of the country, said Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD).
The country’s Met Office said on Thursday that the lunar eclipse will be “partially visible” in Bangladesh from the time of the moonrise until the end of the eclipse “if the sky is clear”.
According to the US space agency NASA, the partial lunar eclipse will take place on November 19 at 2:30 pm Bangladesh time. At that time, the moon will be reddish in color.
However, the BMD office said the lunar eclipse will start at 5:13:42 pm in Dhaka and will end at 6:05:30 pm. From Mymensingh, the eclipse will start at 5:11:47 pm and continue till 6:03:48 pm. In Chattogram, it will start at 5:10:36 pm and end at 6:03:33 pm. In Sylhet, it will begin at 5:05:36 pm and end at 5:54:30 pm. In Khulna, the eclipse will be seen at 5:45:24 pm and will continue till 6:11:16 pm.
Besides, the lunar eclipse will be seen in Barishal at 5:15:36 pm and will continue till 6:08:18 pm. In Rajshahi, this will begin at 5:19:18 pm and end at 6:10:06 pm. In Rangpur, the eclipse will start at 5:14:48 pm and will end at 6:06:00 pm.
May 26 was the first lunar eclipse of the year. Friday will be the last lunar eclipse. However, it is not a total lunar eclipse, but a partial lunar eclipse. The total lunar eclipse will be 3 hours 29 minutes 23 seconds - which is the longest lunar eclipse between 2001 and 2100.
Meanwhile, the next lunar eclipse will be on May 16, 2022. In the current century, a total of 228 lunar eclipses can be seen from Earth.
- ‘Text-Only Facebook and Discover’ launched in Bangladesh
- NSU_Inception_OK becomes 1st Runner Up in HackNSU season 3
- Year’s last, longest ‘partial’ lunar eclipse today
- Year’s last lunar eclipse tomorrow: BMD releases date, time
- No legal-illegal mobile to be shut down: Mustafa Jabbar
- Facebook to hire 10,000 to work on metaverse
- Zuckerberg changes Facebook’s parent company name to ‘Meta’
- US conducts `successful` test of hypersonic missile technology
- Shenzhou-13 astronauts enter space station core module
- NASA, SpaceX delay ISS mission due to bad weather
- China`s Yutu 2 rover spots `mystery hut` on the moon
- 5G trial to be launched Sunday
- 21 Brazil scientists snub medals in row with Bolsonaro
- BTRC redefines broadband internet, speed extended upto 20 Mbps
- Sheikh Hasina Technology Park drives southwestern parts towards