Come to field, will be dealt: Quader
Published: 16:56 8 August 2022
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader- File Photo
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader has said that any destructive program of opposition parties including BNP will be dealt with on the street.
He said, "We are the old players of streets, BNP is new in this way. Let's face it on the street, make a decision."
Obaidul Quader said these in response to questions from journalists after paying respects at Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib's grave at Banani graveyard in the capital on Monday morning.
Awami League general secretary urged BNP not to play with fire and said that if they play with fire, the consequences will be dire.
Obaidul Quader said that Sheikh Mujibur Rahman became Bangabandhu and father of the nation because he had a noble wife like Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib. Without a woman of wisdom and patience like her, it would have been very difficult for the father of the nation to bring freedom to a nation.
Earlier, Obaidul Quader paid floral tributes on behalf of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at Bangmata's graveyard. Later, on behalf of the party, along with senior leaders of Awami League, he paid respects at the tomb of Fazilatun Necha Mujib.
After the tributes, one minute of silence to show respect to the memory of Bangabandhu, Bangamata and their martyrs family members. Later, a special munajat was offered seeking the eternal peace of the departed souls.
Awami League presidium member Dr. Md. Abdur Razzaque, Shajahan Khan, Abdur Rahman and AHM Khairuzzman Liton, Joint General Secretary Mahbub Ul Alam Hanif, Dr. Hasan Mahmud, AFM Bahauddin Nasim, Organizing Secretary Ahmed Hossain, BM Mozammel Haque, SM Kamal Hossain and Mirza Azam, Freedom Fighter Affairs Secretary Mrinal Kanti Das, Publicity and Publication Secretary Dr. Abdus Sobhan Golap, Labor Affairs Secretary Habibur Rahman Siraj, Science and Technology affairs secretary Abdus Sabur, Central Committee member Dr. Mustafa Jalal Mohiuddin and others were present.
- BNP leaders cherish Pakistan in their hearts: Hasan
- Joint meeting of AL nomination board on Saturday
- Ripon gets boat symbol in Gaibandha-5 by polls
- Awami League candidates in 60 Zilla Parishads
- Many BNP leaders want to join AL: Obaidul Quader
- Gas connection cut off at Gayeshwar’s house over arrear bills
- India has given everything needs in present reality: Quader
- AL asks nomination-seekers to collect, submit forms
- BNP is playing evil game: Quader
- We won`t bow down to murderers: Bahauddin Nasim
- AL to hold nationwide demo protesting series bomb attack
- BNP wants to create conflict situation in country: Maya
- India gives all that we asked for: Quader
- AL not afraid of BNP`s movement threat: Quader
- Awami League’s root is deep in soil, countrymen: Quader