BNP responsible for Bhola deaths: Hasan
Published: 21:57 4 August 2022
Awami League Joint General Secretary and Information and Broadcasting Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud; File Photo
Awami League Joint General Secretary and Information and Broadcasting Minister Dr Hasan Mahmud today said BNP leaders pushed their activists into conflict and in a sense they (BNP leaders) are responsible for the deaths in Bhola.
“They (BNP leaders) should resign by accepting the responsibility as they pushed their workers into conflict. And in a sense, the BNP leaders are responsible for the deaths in the Bhola incident,” he said.
The minister told reporters on Thursday evening after attending a memorial meeting and doa mahfil of Bangladesh Betar’s late director general Ahmed Kamruzzaman at the Betar auditorium in the capital’s Agargaon area.
Hasan said BNP does politics of the dead bodies and the two deaths are the worst victims of their dirty politics. BNP pushed its workers into violence and handed over arms to some of their activists, he added.
He said they (BNP) opened fire on police and police personnel received bullet injuries. Even, they (BNP) vandalized properties of local people and beat up a policeman at their party office, he added.
“So, in a sense, the BNP’s leadership is responsible for the deaths of their two activists. And they should resign after accepting the responsibility,” said Hasan, also Awami League joint general secretary.
The minister said BNP is doing movement in an empty field. This is the month (August) of mourning and the National Mourning Day is ahead, he added.
“We are monitoring the situation. They would not find any way of escape, when we will be in the field.”
Earlier in the meeting, Hasan said Kamruzzaman was a polite and good human being. He was a dedicated official to Bangladesh Betar, he added.
He prayed for the eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family.
Information and Broadcasting Secretary Md Mokbul Hossain addressed the meeting as a special guest with the additional secretary and acting director general of Betar Khadiza Begum in the chair.
Prime Minister’s speechwriter Nazrul Islam and colleagues of Kamruzaman, among others, spoke on the occasion.
Later, a doa mahfil was held.
- BNP leaders cherish Pakistan in their hearts: Hasan
- Joint meeting of AL nomination board on Saturday
- Ripon gets boat symbol in Gaibandha-5 by polls
- Awami League candidates in 60 Zilla Parishads
- Many BNP leaders want to join AL: Obaidul Quader
- Gas connection cut off at Gayeshwar’s house over arrear bills
- India has given everything needs in present reality: Quader
- AL asks nomination-seekers to collect, submit forms
- BNP is playing evil game: Quader
- We won`t bow down to murderers: Bahauddin Nasim
- AL to hold nationwide demo protesting series bomb attack
- BNP wants to create conflict situation in country: Maya
- India gives all that we asked for: Quader
- AL not afraid of BNP`s movement threat: Quader
- Awami League’s root is deep in soil, countrymen: Quader