BNP does not believe in election process: Quader
Published: 18:40 4 August 2022 Updated: 18:41 4 August 2022
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader; File Photo
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said that BNP does not believe in the election process. They want to come to power by any means possible.
“BNP is now uniting with some leaders without public involvement in the daydream of government formation. People do not think that this alleged unity will have any impact on the polling field,” he said.
Obaidul Quader said these things during a briefing in his office at the Secretariat in the capital on Thursday.
BNP and its allies will form a national government if they win the next election - in response to the matter, the Awami League General Secretary said they dream of this over and over, they formed the Oikya Front in the last election too, and it will be seen whether the national government they dreamed of is a national joke with the nation.
Obaidul Quader said let BNP come to the election first, let them win if the people want.
He said that in the name of unity, BNP and its allies are plotting at home and abroad to oust the Sheikh Hasina government. “Awami League is ready to prevent and counter their plot,” he added.
“The current government will not be allowed to stay in power”, in response to the statement of BNP leaders, Obaidul Quader asked a counter question and said, “Who is the BNP not to be allowed to stay in power? The source of power is the people of this country and the owner of power is Allah Almighty.”
He said Awami League came to power with the love of the people and is still there. Awami League will remain in power as long as the people want. It doesn’t matter whether BNP wants it or not.
- BNP leaders cherish Pakistan in their hearts: Hasan
- Joint meeting of AL nomination board on Saturday
- Ripon gets boat symbol in Gaibandha-5 by polls
- Awami League candidates in 60 Zilla Parishads
- Many BNP leaders want to join AL: Obaidul Quader
- Gas connection cut off at Gayeshwar’s house over arrear bills
- India has given everything needs in present reality: Quader
- AL asks nomination-seekers to collect, submit forms
- BNP is playing evil game: Quader
- We won`t bow down to murderers: Bahauddin Nasim
- AL to hold nationwide demo protesting series bomb attack
- BNP wants to create conflict situation in country: Maya
- India gives all that we asked for: Quader
- AL not afraid of BNP`s movement threat: Quader
- Awami League’s root is deep in soil, countrymen: Quader