66 arrested in DMP’s anti-drug drive
Published: 16:08 19 August 2022 Updated: 16:08 19 August 2022
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested 66 on charges of selling and consuming drugs during anti-drug operations in different areas of the capital city over the past 24 hours till 6:00 am Friday (Aug 19).
Md. Farooq Hossain, Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) of Media and Public Relations Department of DMP said that during the operation, 5,401 pieces of Yaba tablets, 118gm 168 puria of heroin and 40.60kg hemp were seized from their possessions.
Being informed, members of Detectives and Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) conducted a 24-hour long raid and detained the drug trades from various places, it also said.
Detectives and the law enforcers jointly made the arrest and seized
He also said that, a total of 39 cases have been filed against the detained persons under the Narcotics Control Act.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge