Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
Published: 17:20 15 August 2022 Updated: 20:38 15 August 2022
The private car involved in the accident in Uttara on Monday; August 15; Photo: Collected
Four passengers of a private car, including a child, were killed when a girder, part of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project, fell from a crane on the under-construction flyover in the capital’s Uttara. Two more people were injured in this incident.
The accident took place in front of Aarong at Jasim Uddin area in Uttara in the capital on Monday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as – Rubel, Jhorna, Jannat, and Zakaria.
Eyewitnesses said the girder fell on the private car while being removed by a crane. Two injured people were rescued from inside the private car.
Uttara East Police Station OC Mohammad Mohsin said the police have been sent to the spot. Four bodies have been recovered. How the accident happened is being investigated.
He added that there were 6 people in the private car. They belong to the same family. The two got out after the girder collapsed, also injuring them. The other four died in the car on the spot.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge