67 arrested in DMP’s anti-drug drives in Dhaka
Published: 14:37 15 August 2022 Updated: 15:04 15 August 2022
The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested 67 people on charges of selling and consuming drugs during anti-drug operations in different areas of the capital city.
They were arrested by conducting raids in different police stations of the capital over the past 24 hours till 6:00 am Monday (Aug 15).
Farooq Hossain, Deputy Commissioner of Media and Public Relations Department of DMP said that 3,976 pieces of Yaba tablets, 166gm heroin, 175.18kg hemp, 230 injectable drugs, 28 liters of foreign wine and 280 bottles of phensedyl from seized from their possessions.
The official of DMP also said a total of 49 cases have been filed against the detained persons under the Narcotics Control Act.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge