Government is working to prevent people’s suffering: Tipu Munshi
Published: 14:19 14 August 2022 Updated: 17:58 14 August 2022
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi
"Prices of many daily essentials have increased across the world. It has also affected in Bangladesh. As a result, there is no contradiction that the common people is suffering. So that, government is working to prevent that suffering," said Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi.
He said these things to reporters at his residence on Central Road in Rangpur city on Sunday morning.
Tipu Munshi said that the price of oil in the world market has decreased, but the exchange rate of the dollar has increased a lot in Bangladesh. We expected that the price of edible oil in our country will come down due to the fall in global market prices. The Tariff Commission will meet with the oil traders to discuss the impact of the increase in the rate of the dollar and decide whether to increase or decrease the price.
Based on the current situation in Sri Lanka, many people think that the future of Bangladesh may be the same as Sri Lanka. It's a political statement cause of Bangladesh is still much better than Sri Lanka or Pakistan. So, there is no opportunity to go there, he added.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa