UN rights chief arrives in Dhaka
Published: 11:54 14 August 2022 Updated: 19:38 14 August 2022
United Nation’s high commissioner for human rights Michelle Bachelet has arrived in Dhaka on a four-day visit on Sunday morning.
Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen welcomed the UN high commissioner for human rights at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 10.20am.
It is known that Bachelet on her visit to the Minister of Foreign Affairs. She is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday (August 17, 2022) morning.
An official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that Apart from her meetings with the cabinet members of the government, she visits the memorial museum of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at 32 Dhanmondi. Bachelet will also visit several Rohingya camps in Cox's Bazar.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa