BRTA strict in drive, 90 buses count fine
Published: 21:56 13 August 2022 Updated: 21:57 13 August 2022
BRTA strict in drive, 90 buses count fine - File Photo
Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) has fined 90 public transport over Tk 3 lakh for taking out extra fares. BRTA collects this fine by conducting mobile courts in ten spots of Dhaka and Chattogram city.
It was said in a notice sent by Hemayet Uddin, BRTA Deputy Director (Enforcement) on Saturday.
The notice state that 10 mobile courts of BRTA have fined 32 buses Tk 1 lakh 23 thousand 200 conducting mobile courts at 10 spots in Dhaka and Chattogram metropolis for collecting excess fare.
The notification also said that 90 buses have been fined Tk 3 lakh 28 thousand 200 for route violation/without route permit, hydraulic horn, extra fare collection, unfitness, and other offenses.
BRTA Chairman Nur Mohammad Mazumder, Director (Enforcement) Azizul Islam and Deputy Director (Enforcement) Md. Hemet Uddin supervised the operations.
Bus and minibus owners and trade union representatives were also present during the drive.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa