DMP issues traffic guidelines for National Mourning Day
Published: 19:59 13 August 2022 Updated: 20:00 13 August 2022
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) issued guidelines for vehicular movement in the capital on National Mourning Day, August 15, on Saturday, August 13; Photo: Collected
The Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) today issued guidelines for vehicular movement in the capital on National Mourning Day, August 15.
The nation will observe the National Mourning Day on August 15 with due respect and formalities on the occasion of the 47th martyrdom anniversary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
President, Prime Minister, ministers and people from all walks of life will pay homage to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman by placing floral wreaths at his portrait in front of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi Road No. 32 in the capital on the day.
On the occasion, vehicular movements will be restricted on roads around the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi Road 32 from early morning on Monday, said a DMP press release.
To ensure the smooth movement of people coming to pay homage and avoid traffic congestion, the DMP urged the drivers and vehicle users on the roads in the capital’s Bangabandhu Memorial Museum area to follow the DMP traffic guidelines until the programmes end on the day.
According to the DMP guidelines, Russell Square to Azimpur bound passenger vehicles coming from Gabtoli via Mirpur Road will reach its destinations through the east-end of Dhanmondi-27 via Sangkar-Jigatola-Science Lab.
Russell Square-bound passenger vehicles coming from New Market and Science Lab will go through road number-2 of Dhanmondi via Jigatola-Sangkar while Russell Square-bound passenger vehicles coming from Rainbow crossing and FDC will be diverted to the Sonargaon crossing via Bangla Motor-Shahbagh.
Invited guests and general people coming to pay respect at Bangabandhu Memorial Museum via Manik Mia Avenue-Dhanmondi 27 will go through the road next to Metro Shopping Mall and make a left turn in front of the Ahsania Mission to reach Dhanmondi 32.
Vehicles with national flags and other vehicles belonging to PGR, SSF, Fire Service, the armed forces and police chief and ranks with senior secretaries and secretaries will be parked on the north and west sides of road no 11 on the north side of the bridge on road 32.
Besides, vehicles of political leaders, including MPs, will be parked on the east and west sides of the road on the south side of the Dhanmondi 32 Bridge while vehicles of law enforcement agencies will be parked on north side of the Ahsania Mission.
The DMP sought all out cooperation from all to maintain discipline in movement and avoid traffic congestion during the National Mourning Day programmes.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa