President urges judges to ensure justice
Published: 22:06 2 August 2022
A five-member delegation of the Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission (BJSC) led by Chief Justice and its Chairman Justice Hasan Foez Siddique submitted its annual report-2021 to President M Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban this evening- PID
President M Abdul Hamid today urged the judges to perform their duties with more honesty, devotion and sincerity to ensure litigants' justice in a speedy manner.
He came up with the call as a five-member delegation of the Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission (BJSC) led by Chief Justice and its Chairman Justice Hasan Foez Siddique submitted its annual report-2021 to him at Bangabhaban this evening.
The head of state also emphasized on imparting timely training in various topics, including information technology (IT) to enhance the professional skills of the judges.
During the meeting, the delegation apprised the President of overall BJSC activities as well as the synopsis of the submitted report, President's press secretary Md Joynal Abedin said.
BJSC delegation members were: Justice Md Nazrul Islam Talukder, Attorney General Abu Mohammad Amin Uddin, Law and Justice Department Secretary Md Golam Sarwar, and District and Session Judge AHM Habibur Rahman Bhuiyan.
Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission is a government commission that is responsible for the recruitment and examination of judges in Bangladesh.
The BJSC commission is mostly known for maintaining fair recruitment - through it, the most talented students are getting recruited in the Bangladesh judiciary. The judges recruited under it are playing a cutting-edge role in the justice delivery system of Bangladesh.
President Hamid expressed his satisfaction over the BJSC activities and assured of providing all necessary support for the smooth functioning of the commission's activities.
President's Office Secretary Sampad Barua, Military Secretary Major General SM Salah Uddin Islam, Press Secretary Md Joynal Abedin, and Secretary (Attachment) Md Wahidul Islam Khan were present there.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge