19 cattle markets to be set up in Dhaka
Published: 16:27 15 May 2022 Updated: 16:31 15 May 2022
Cattle market; File Photo
With the holy Eid al-Adha ahead in mind, Dhaka North (DNCC) and South City (DSCC) Corporation has taken initiative to set up a total of 19 sacrificial cattle markets in the capital this year.
These include two permanent haats, which sell cattle at other times of the year. These are – Gabtoli Permanent Haat of DNCC and Sarulia Permanent Cattle Haat of DSCC.
Apart from these two, DNCC and DSCC have taken the initiative to set up 17 more temporary haats in the capital.
Among the temporary hats, 10 will be in the DSCC area and 8 will be in the DNCC area. Besides, DNCC Digital Haat will also be on.
Russell Sabrin, chief property officer of the DSCC, said the guidelines for operating the haats would be implemented.
As the COVID situation is better this year than in the last two years, preparations for the sacrificial cattle market have already started in the capital.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge