Rocket attack on Bangladesh’s ship in Ukraine, 1 dead
Published: 08:34 3 March 2022 Updated: 17:22 3 March 2022
Third engineer Md Hadisur Rahman has been killed in a rocket attack on Bangladesh Shipping Corporation's ship ‘MV Bangla Samriddhi’ in Ukraine.
The bomber struck shortly after 5:20 am local time on the ship stranded in the country's port of Alvia.
It has been reported that the sailors were trying to put out the fire after the attack. Hadisur Rahman was hailing from Betagi Upazila in Barguna.
Earlier, the ship of Bangladesh Shipping Corporation (BSC) was stranded in the sea of Ukraine. According to BSC sources, there are 29 sailors on the ship.
According to BSC sources, the ship reached the port of Alvia, Ukraine from Turkey on February 22. The ship was scheduled to sail from Ukraine to Italy's Ravenna port with ceramic raw materials 'Clay'.
However, in order to avoid a war situation, the ship was instructed by the officials of the shipping corporation to return as soon as possible without loading the goods. The Bangladeshi ship could not come out of the waters of Ukraine as it did not get the pilot of the port at the last moment.
Ukraine's ports have been shut down following Russia's attack on the country on Thursday morning. A few more ships like the Bangladeshi ship are stranded there.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- BMET starts registration process, how to registrar
- 19 cattle markets to be set up in Dhaka
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Free Corona test for Hajj pilgrims
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Toll for Padma Bridge fixed, notification issued
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- 12kg LPG cylinder reduced to Tk 93
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- 77 dengue patients hospitalized in 24 hrs