Bangladeshi ship with 29 sailors stranded in Ukraine
Published: 14:11 1 March 2022
The Bangladeshi ship named 'Banglar Samriddhi' with 29 sailors has been stranded in the Ukrainian port of Alvia due to Russia's invasion on Ukraine.
The ship of Bangladesh Shipping Corporation reached the port of Alvia, Ukraine on February 22. The ship was scheduled to sail from Ukraine to Italy with ceramic raw materials. However, as the war started, it could not return.
Piyush Dutt, executive director of the Bangladesh Shipping Corporation, said the ship's sailors were still safe and food for 30-40 days has been stored. The ship needs a local pilot to reach the main sea. However, local pilots are not available due to the war.
According to sources, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Bangladesh Embassy in Poland are making efforts to return the stranded ship.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge