N’ganj mosque blast: Death toll hits 26
Published: 10:01 7 September 2020 Updated: 12:37 7 September 2020
Another one named Monir Faraji was died from the Air Conditioner (AC) blast at Baitus Salat Jame Mosque in the Paschim Talla area of Fatulla in Narayanganj Sadar Upazila, with this the death toll from the AC blast stood to 26.
He died while undergoing treatment at the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery on Sunday night, Institute’s Resident Surgeon Partha Sankar Paul confirmed the matter.
Earlier, an Air Conditioner (AC) blast took place at Baitus Salat Jame Mosque in the Paschim Talla area of Fatulla at around 8:45 pm on Friday. There were 50 people inside the mosque praying Isha prayer. 37 of them were rescued and admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery.
In the incident, a child named Jewel died first around 12:30 am that day. Imam and Khatib of the mosque, Maulana Abdul Malek has died while undergoing treatment on Sunday night.
The bodies of 12 were taken to Narayanganj till Saturday afternoon. 10 people including a child were buried until 10 pm after namaz-e-janaza.
“So far 36 worshipers have been admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. They all have a deep burn, said Dr. Samanta Lal Sen, chief coordinator of the hospital, adding, “It is not possible to say immediately how much the patients have burned as per percentage. No one is safe.”
Meanwhile, after visiting the spot on Friday night, Narayanganj Fire Service Deputy Assistant Director Abdullah Al Arefin said that the explosion took place in the mosque “not from AC but from the gas line.”
Three investigation committees have been formed by the fire service, Titas Gas Authority and the district administration in the incident.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa
- Bangladesh receives 1st consignment of Bangabandhu Rail Bridge