Robbery, rape on moving bus: 6 placed on 3-day remand
Published: 19:23 9 August 2022 Updated: 19:25 9 August 2022
Robbery, rape on moving bus: 6 placed on 3-day remand- Photo: Daily Bangladesh
A local court today placed six of the ten accused on a three-day remand each in connection with the robbery and gang rape on a moving bus of Eagle Express in Tangail. The rest will give a statement in the court under section 164.
Tangail district senior Judicial Magistrate Farzana Hasnat handed down the verdict after the accused were produced before the court with a 7-day remand prayer for each by the investigation officer of the case, Helal Uddin.
According to court sources, police brought six of the ten accused to the court on Tuesday afternoon.
Earlier on Sunday night, the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) conducted drives in Dhaka, Gazipur and Sirajganj and arrested them.
The arrestees are Ratan Hossain, 21, Md Alauddin, 24, Sohag Mondol, 20, Khandakar Md Hasmat Ali alias Dipu, 23, Md Babu Hossain alias Julhas, 21, Md Jibon, 21, Md Abdul Mannan, 22, Md Nayeem Sarkar, 19, Russell Talukdar, 32, and Md Aslam Talukdar alias Raihan.
On the night of August 2, a group of robbers boarded a Chattogram-bound bus of Eagle Express masquerading as passengers and soon took control of the vehicle.
- Human Trafficking: Report against dancer Ivan on Aug 14
- Provision of permission for arresting govt employee cancelled: HC
- Savar’s Neela murder trial begins
- Female doctor murder: Accused gives confessional statement
- Inciting student Sanjana to ‘commit suicide’: Father remanded
- Crimes against humanity: Khalilur gets death penalty
- Khaleda`s jail term suspension extended by 6 months
- Indictment hearing in two cases against Khaleda Oct 4
- Uttara girder tragedy: 10 accused placed on remand
- Hoshi Kunio murder: HC upholds death penalty for 4
- Ramna Batamul bomb blast case: Arguments August 11
- Cricketer Al Amin secures 8-week anticipatory bail
- Unscrewing nut-bolt of Padma Bridge: Bayezid denied bail
- Mitu murder: Charge sheet against 7 including Babul Akhter
- Legal notice to withdraw Lifebuoy soap ad within 72hrs