53 HC benches formed to conduct regular proceedings
Published: 16:03 1 August 2022
53 HC benches formed to conduct regular proceedings- File Photo
The Chief Justice has formed 53 benches to conduct the trial in the High Court Division at the apex court of the country. The proceedings in these benches started at 10:30 am on Monday.
A notification over the high court bench formation signed by Chief Justice Hasan Foez Siddique has also been published on the Supreme Court website.
The Chief Justice has constituted a total of 53 benches including 16 single and 37 double benches and determined the judicial jurisdiction of the judges. Eleven newly appointed additional judges of the High Court Division of the Supreme Court have also taken office today.
Chief Justice Hasan Foez Siddique administrated their oath at Judges Lounge of the Supreme Court on Sunday afternoon.
The newly appointed HC judges are Md Shawkat Ali Chowdhury, district and sessions judge (now on PRL); Md Atabullah, district and sessions judge of Cumilla; Bishwajit Debnath, deputy attorney general; Md Aminul Islam, deputy attorney general; Md Bazlur Rahman, register general of Bangladesh Supreme Court; KM Imrul Kayesh, metropolitan sessions judge of Dhaka; Fahmida Kader, district and sessions judge of Tangail; Md Bashir Ullah, deputy attorney general; and SM Masud Hossain Dolon, AKM Rabiul Hasan and Md Ali Reza, advocates of Bangladesh Supreme Court.
Supreme Court Spokesperson and Registrar of Appellate Division Mohammad Saifur Rahman said that the new judges in the High Court Division have taken office from today to conduct judicial proceedings. The Chief Justice yesterday formed the High Court Division bench with specific jurisdiction.
- Human Trafficking: Report against dancer Ivan on Aug 14
- Provision of permission for arresting govt employee cancelled: HC
- Savar’s Neela murder trial begins
- Female doctor murder: Accused gives confessional statement
- Inciting student Sanjana to ‘commit suicide’: Father remanded
- Crimes against humanity: Khalilur gets death penalty
- Khaleda`s jail term suspension extended by 6 months
- Indictment hearing in two cases against Khaleda Oct 4
- Uttara girder tragedy: 10 accused placed on remand
- Hoshi Kunio murder: HC upholds death penalty for 4
- Ramna Batamul bomb blast case: Arguments August 11
- Cricketer Al Amin secures 8-week anticipatory bail
- Unscrewing nut-bolt of Padma Bridge: Bayezid denied bail
- Mitu murder: Charge sheet against 7 including Babul Akhter
- Legal notice to withdraw Lifebuoy soap ad within 72hrs