11 new additional judges appointed in HC
Published: 16:24 31 July 2022 Updated: 17:49 31 July 2022
11 new additional judges appointed in HC- File Photo
Eleven more additional judges were appointed to the High Court Division of the Supreme Court today, raising the number of HC judges to 95.
President M Abdul Hamid made the appointments for two years in line with Article 98 of the constitution, Law Minister Anisul Huq said. A notification in this regard has been issued by the Ministry of Law on Sunday.
The notification stated that they have been appointed as Additional Judges to the High Court Division of the Supreme Court for a period not exceeding 2 years from the date of taking oath under Article 98 of the Constitution. This appointment will be effective from the day of swearing-in.
The newly appointed HC judges are Md Shawkat Ali Chowdhury, district and sessions judge (now on PRL); Md Atabullah, district and sessions judge of Cumilla; Bishwajit Debnath, deputy attorney general; Md Aminul Islam, deputy attorney general; Md Bazlur Rahman, register general of Bangladesh Supreme Court; KM Imrul Kayesh, metropolitan sessions judge of Dhaka; Fahmida Kader, district and sessions judge of Tangail; Md Bashir Ullah, deputy attorney general; and SM Masud Hossain Dolon, AKM Rabiul Hasan and Md Ali Reza, advocates of Bangladesh Supreme Court.
- Human Trafficking: Report against dancer Ivan on Aug 14
- Provision of permission for arresting govt employee cancelled: HC
- Savar’s Neela murder trial begins
- Female doctor murder: Accused gives confessional statement
- Inciting student Sanjana to ‘commit suicide’: Father remanded
- Crimes against humanity: Khalilur gets death penalty
- Khaleda`s jail term suspension extended by 6 months
- Indictment hearing in two cases against Khaleda Oct 4
- Uttara girder tragedy: 10 accused placed on remand
- Hoshi Kunio murder: HC upholds death penalty for 4
- Ramna Batamul bomb blast case: Arguments August 11
- Cricketer Al Amin secures 8-week anticipatory bail
- Unscrewing nut-bolt of Padma Bridge: Bayezid denied bail
- Mitu murder: Charge sheet against 7 including Babul Akhter
- Legal notice to withdraw Lifebuoy soap ad within 72hrs