3 soldiers killed in suicide attack in Jammu-Kashmir army base
Published: 14:17 11 August 2022 Updated: 17:20 11 August 2022
In a terrorist attack 25 kms from Rajouri, two terrorists carried out a suicide attack on an Army company operating base. Both terrorists killed while 3 soldiers lost their lives. The attack happened early Thursday morning.
“One Officer along with two other jawans is injured in the terrorist attack and has been rushed for medical treatment,” the sources said.
According to Indian broadcaster NDTV, The suicide attack on the company operating base of a Rashtriya Rifles unit in Pargal located in Darhal area of Rajouri, looks like an attempt to carry out an Uri-like attack where terrorists had infiltrated in the Army camp and killed 19 soldiers.
The attempt to infiltrate the Army camp took place days ahead of the 75th Independence Day celebration in the country.
Notably, the attack comes a day after three LeT terrorists were neutralised by security forces in Budgam. One of the killed terrorists was involved in the killing of civilians Rahul Bhat and Amreen Bhat.
“All the three hiding LeT terrorists neutralised. Bodies being retrieved from the site, identification is yet to be ascertained. Incriminating materials, arms & ammunition were recovered. A big success for us,” said a tweet by Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Kashmir.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine