600 Ukrainian soldiers killed overnight, Russia claims
Published: 19:12 5 May 2022
Russia has beefed up its attacks on Ukrainian troops. As part of this, the country has claimed the killing of more than 600 Ukrainian soldiers overnight.
The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement on the social media Telegram that several Ukrainian military posts and military vehicles had been hit by Russian artillery.
The attacks were carried out at Kanatovo Air Base in the Kirovohrad region and a large ammunition depot in the southern town of Mykolaiv in Ukraine.
Russia has also launched missile attacks on several supply lines, including several railway stations, to prevent western weapons from entering Ukraine. They also complained that Western countries were “filling Ukraine with weapons”.
The Russian military says it has fired missiles at sea and destroyed several railway stations in Ukraine. Besides, artillery shells and airstrikes hit the fuel and ammunition depots of Ukrainian forces.
Russia’s Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said the attack on Ukraine’s rail infrastructure was aimed at disrupting Western arms supplies. Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has accused the West of supplying arms to Ukraine.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- 4 ministers appointed in Sri Lanka’s new cabinet
- 600 Ukrainian soldiers killed overnight, Russia claims
- Manik Saha made Tripura Chief Minister
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb resigns
- China building collapse death toll rises to 26
- 10 dead in shooting at New York supermarket
- Turkey to reject Sweden, Finland`s bid to join NATO: Erdogan
- India’s Supreme Court recognizes sex work as profession
- Taliban say female Afghan TV presenters must cover faces
- Monkeypox spreads to 11 countries: WHO warns
- Curfew lifted in Sri Lanka
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi tested Covid positive
- Russia cuts off power supply in Finland
- Visit visa for Umrah within 24hrs: Saudi minister