14,200 Russian soldiers killed so far: Ukraine claims
Published: 15:04 18 March 2022
On the 23rd day of the Russian invasion in Ukraine, the country’s defence ministry claims that an estimated 14,200 Russian soldiers have been killed since the onset of the conflict.
The information was reported by BBC, however, BBC says they were “unable to independently verify” these claims.
Although both Russia and Ukraine claim wildly different tallies and losses, pinning down the exact number of casualties on each side has proven challenging.
On March 3, Russia claimed 498 of its troops had been killed in combat, but it has remained silent about releasing further figures since then.
Meanwhile, US officials said on Thursday the number of Russian casualties could well be over 7,000, with up to 14,000 injured.
Among other damage inflicted on Russian armaments and vehicles, Ukraine claims its forces have also taken down – 450 tanks, 93 aircraft, 112 helicopters and disabled 43 anti-aircraft systems.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- 4 ministers appointed in Sri Lanka’s new cabinet
- 600 Ukrainian soldiers killed overnight, Russia claims
- Manik Saha made Tripura Chief Minister
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb resigns
- China building collapse death toll rises to 26
- 10 dead in shooting at New York supermarket
- Turkey to reject Sweden, Finland`s bid to join NATO: Erdogan
- India’s Supreme Court recognizes sex work as profession
- Taliban say female Afghan TV presenters must cover faces
- Monkeypox spreads to 11 countries: WHO warns
- Curfew lifted in Sri Lanka
- Congress President Sonia Gandhi tested Covid positive
- Russia cuts off power supply in Finland
- Visit visa for Umrah within 24hrs: Saudi minister