14 Russian warplanes, 8 helicopters, 638 vehicles destroyed
Published: 16:46 26 February 2022
- Missile hits residential building in Kyiv
- France sending military aid to Ukraine
- US, UK among 28 countries agree to send arms to Ukraine
- 3,500 Russian soldiers killed so far: Ukraine claims
- Poland sends military aid to Ukraine as first country
- Ukraine invasion: NATO deploys response force for first time
- Zelensky accepts Putin`s proposal
The Ukrainian army has already destroyed about 14 Russian warplanes, 8 helicopters, 102 tanks and 537 armored vehicles. They have also killed more than 3,500 Russian troops so far.
This was stated in a statement issued by the General Staff of Ukraine. “Russia has begun deploying additional troops along the Ukrainian border,” it said.
The statement added that the Russian military’s estimated casualties included 14 fighter jets, 8 helicopters, 102 tanks, 536 armored vehicles, 15 artillery and the “Buck” missile system.
Mikhail Podolyak, an adviser to the Ukrainian President, said in a statement that the clashes were taking place in the capital, Kyiv, as well as in the cities of Kherson, Mykolaiv, Odesa and Mariupol.
Noting that the Ukrainian armed forces and police have taken control of the situation throughout the country during the war, Mikhail Podolyak stressed that “the situation in Kyiv and the region around Kyiv is also under their control”.
“As of Saturday morning, more than 3,500 Russian soldiers had been killed and 200 captured,” Podolyak said.
Russia’s military invasion in Ukraine entered its third day on Saturday. On the third day, Russian troops are fighting Ukrainian forces in the capital, Kyiv.
Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a military operation in eastern Ukraine on Thursday morning, just days after recognizing the two separatist-controlled provinces as independent states.
He claims that “Russia has no plans” to occupy the neighboring country. But he wants to make Ukraine “unarmed” and “Nazi-free”.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has accused Russia of trying to establish a “puppet government” in his country, saying the Ukrainians would defend their country against Russian aggression.
Zelensky himself declined an offer to flee the United States and went down to the battlefield in military uniform.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine