Russia ready for talks with Ukraine: Kremlin
Published: 21:54 25 February 2022
Russian President Vladimir Putin
Russian President Vladimir Putin is ready to send a delegation to the Belarusian capital Minsk for talks with Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov says.
Peskov told Russian news agencies that the contingent of officials could include representatives from the country’s foreign and defence ministries.
His remarks came after an adviser of Zelenskyy suggested Kyiv was ready for talks with Moscow, including on adopting a neutral status regarding NATO.
Peskov said demilitarisation would need to be an essential part of that.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine