Ukrainian soldiers killed in shootout with Russia-backed rebels
Published: 13:55 20 February 2022 Updated: 13:56 20 February 2022
- First Ukraine soldier killed in clashes near Russian border
- Russian ‘invasion’ in Ukraine: US triggers probable routes
- Russia-Europe gas pipeline in Ukraine explodes
- 15 killed in Ukraine nursing home fire
- Ukraine reports 12,630 more COVID-19 cases
- Ukraine President hospitalized after contracting COVID-19
The Ukrainian military has claimed that two soldiers were killed and four others were wounded Saturday when Russian-backed separatists opened fire on them in eastern Ukraine.
The Ukrainian military said on its Facebook page that separatists had violated the ceasefire 70 times on Saturday. The previous day this number was 66 times.
Ukraine's military says separatists have used heavy artillery to shell more than 30 settlements along the demarcation line. The agreement, reached with all parties aimed at easing the long-running conflict, prohibits ceasefire violations.
However, in a telegram on social media, separatists have accused Ukraine of firing on separatist-controlled areas. They also said that they had retaliated when the Ukrainian army fired.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility