Six including two Pakistanis gunned down In Kashmir
Published: 15:38 30 December 2021
At least six including two Pakistanis has been killed in a gunfight with police in India's Jammu and Kashmir.
The killed people were members of the banned militant group Jaish-e-Mohammed, Kashmir zone police said.
NDTV reported quoting Kashmir Zone Police on Thursday that the six were killed in clashes with separatists in the villages of Naogam in Anontonag district and Mirhama in Kulgram district on Wednesday evening.
In a tweet, Kashmir Zone Police Inspector General Bijoy Kumar said six separatists had been killed in two separate gun battles in Kashmir. The dead were all members of the banned organization Jaish -E-Muhammad. Among the dead two were identified as Pakistanis and two were locals. The identities of the other two have not yet been confirmed.
The Hindustan Times reported that police received the news of separatists staying in the Mirhama area of Kulgram. Later, security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation. At one point, the separatists started firing at them. Security forces fired back. Three separatists were killed on the spot in the fighting.
Another similar incident took place at Naogam Shahabad in the adjoining Anontonag area. A policeman was injured in the shooting and was admitted to hospital, said Bijoy Kumar.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility