Seven `surprising` signs of a hormonal imbalance
Published: 21:54 11 August 2022
"Hormones are essential chemicals in the body that regulate a whole host of different processes," said Dr Kinsella, adding that they have a "huge impact" on the whole body. "Hormones help to regulate the moisture levels of your tissue and stimulate collagen production," explained Dr Kinsella. "If your hormone levels are imbalanced the amount of collagen and oils that moisten the skin drops and so skin becomes dry and irritated."
Thus, one particularly unheard of symptom of a hormonal imbalance is "itchy skin that feels like something is crawling on it".
Another possible indication of a hormonal imbalance is swollen, sore or bleeding gums.
"Bleeding gums, gum swelling, soreness, etc, are signs of your body fighting inflammation," said Dr Kinsella.
"And they are most obvious when your immune system is being [bolstered] by progesterone."
"For this reason a hormone imbalance could be the cause of ringing in the ears, also known as tinnitus."
Signs of a hormonal imbalance you can see:
Dry and irritated skin
Bleeding and sore gums
Hairy face (for women)
Signs of a hormonal imbalance you can feel:
Signs of a hormonal imbalance you can hear:
- When to brush teeth – morning or night?
- Habit to `avoid` when brushing teeth as it removes strengthening
- Boy or Girl? How to Find Out the Sex of your Baby
- Do you feel drowsy after eating rice?
- Remedies of skin dryness
- Do not throw away pumpkin seeds
- Coconut oil for skin care
- Why Your Gums Bleed When Brushing
- Symptoms of Cervical Cancer
- Use simple tips to remove water from your ears
- Different uses of Henna leaves
- Red peppers can aid weight loss, says expert
- For boys – when to marry if wants to live longer?
- Five foods to reduce weight
- Excellent home remedies for cure piles