World Day against Trafficking in Persons today
Published: 11:36 30 July 2022 Updated: 11:37 30 July 2022
World Day against Trafficking in Persons today; File Photo
World Day against Trafficking in Persons today. On December 18, 2013, the United Nations (UN) recognized July 30 as World Day against Trafficking in Persons through a resolution in the General Assembly.
Like every year, different countries of the world including Bangladesh are celebrating the day through various programs including awareness rallies, and discussion meetings.
The UN resolution said such a day was needed to raise awareness of the plight of victims of human trafficking and to promote and protect their rights.
Nasima Begum, chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, said “ignorance” is the biggest cause of human trafficking. Most expatriates are not aware of their rights. An anti-human trafficking action plan has already been taken in our country to prevent human trafficking.
- How much does it cost to bury one grave on another
- Srabonti’s quilling
- 10 surprising – unknown – facts about Queen Elizabeth II
- Rabindranath`s 81st death anniversary today
- Harry Coover: Inventor of super glue by ‘accident’
- World Suicide Prevention Day: Awareness requisite in youths
- These twins named `most beautiful in the world`
- Aftermath of workers’ strike: Tea taste may change!
- Frida Kahlo: Portraits of Pain
- 15-30yrs people more prone to suicide: BSMMU VC
Ego-depression-breakup causes suicide tendency: Study
- Current monsoon sees lowest rainfall in 40 yrs, reason horrific
- Valentina Tereshkova: Who orbiting Earth 48 times
- Kalabagan Waterfall: A beautiful waterfall in Rangamati
- Kuldhara: An entire village disappeared overnight
- World Heart Day today