World Youth Skills Day today
Published: 10:38 15 July 2022 Updated: 10:46 15 July 2022
World Youth Skills Day (WYSD)-2022 is being observed today; File Photo
The World Youth Skills Day (WYSD)-2022 is being observed today in the country as elsewhere across the globe.
The aim of the day is to advocate for skills to highlight the crucial role of skilled youth in addressing today’s most challenging global issues.
In 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared July 15 as World Youth Skills Day to celebrate the strategic importance of equipping young people with skills for employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.
Since then, World Youth Skills Day events have provided a unique opportunity for dialogue between young people, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, firms, employers’ and workers’ organizations, policymakers and development partners.
President M Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages on Thursday on the eve of the day.
Both the President and the Premier wished overall success of all programmes taken on the occasion of WYSD.
- How much does it cost to bury one grave on another
- Srabonti’s quilling
- 10 surprising – unknown – facts about Queen Elizabeth II
- Rabindranath`s 81st death anniversary today
- Harry Coover: Inventor of super glue by ‘accident’
- World Suicide Prevention Day: Awareness requisite in youths
- These twins named `most beautiful in the world`
- Aftermath of workers’ strike: Tea taste may change!
- Frida Kahlo: Portraits of Pain
- 15-30yrs people more prone to suicide: BSMMU VC
Ego-depression-breakup causes suicide tendency: Study
- Current monsoon sees lowest rainfall in 40 yrs, reason horrific
- Valentina Tereshkova: Who orbiting Earth 48 times
- Kalabagan Waterfall: A beautiful waterfall in Rangamati
- Kuldhara: An entire village disappeared overnight
- World Heart Day today