KK laid to rest; Family, friends bid him emotional goodbye
Published: 21:34 2 June 2022 Updated: 21:34 2 June 2022
Beloved Bollywood playback singer Krishnakumar Kunnath, popularly known as KK, was cremated on Thursday afternoon; Photo: Collected
Beloved Bollywood playback singer Krishnakumar Kunnath, popularly known as KK, was cremated in the presence of his family and friends of the film industry at around 3 pm on Thursday at Versova Hindu Cemetary in Mumbai, India. KK’s son Kunnath Nakul performed the last rites, reports Hindustan Times.
His funeral was attended by film industry personalities such as singers Shreya Ghoshal, Alka Yagnik, Harshdeep Kaur, Rahul Vaidya and Papon, directors Kabir Khan and Vishal Bhardwaj, lyricist Javed Akhtar, music directors Shankar Mahadevan and Salim Merchant, and others.
KK felt sick while singing at a function in Kolkata on Tuesday night. He was rushed off-stage immediately after a concert at Kolkata’s indoor Nazrul Mancha auditorium and was brought to his hotel, where he collapsed. He was declared dead after being taken to the hospital at around 10 pm.
The news of his death has cast a shadow of mourning over the showbiz arena. Most of the star artists have posted on social media wishing peace to KK’s departed souls. The list includes Salman Khan, Allu Arjun, musician Shan, Aamir Khan and others.
Questions are being raised about the stifling conditions at Nazrul Mancha. Many who attended the concert have claimed that the air-conditioning wasn’t working and that the venue was over-capacity. “Our seat capacity was 2,482 but the crowd was more than double the capacity. The crowd broke the gate,” auditorium employee Chandan Maity told news agency ANI.
After KK’s death, his wife Jyoti and son Kunnath Nakul came to Kolkata from Mumbai. Local music lovers bid farewell to the musician at Rabindra Sadan in Kolkata. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was also present.
KK’s mortal remains were flown to Mumbai on Wednesday. He is survived by his wife and two children. – Indian Express
- ‘Poran’ – Eid’s best film so far: Hall owners
- Weekend box office: ‘Hawa’ tops ‘Thor’, ‘Din–The Day’
- Otilia’s rickshaw ride in Dhaka
- Jaya brings herself in ‘Jaya Aar Sharmin’ with ‘C Te Cinema’
- Purnima, ex-husband Fahad open up their separation
- ‘Mohanagar 2’ coming
- Now Nora Fatehi to visit Dhaka
- Audience`s abuse used to pain Mim
- Samira reminisces Salman Shah: I still haven’t washed that skirt
- May Allah bless us together: Omar Sani
- Shaon in clutches of fraudster loses Tk 32000
- Purnima to give good news after returning from honeymoon
- Operation Sundarbans: 20 lucky viewers to get ‘iPhone 14’!
- Prosecutors seek 8yrs-jail for Shakira
- Let ‘Hawa’ be history: Omar Sani