Osmani Medical College shut down indefinitely
Published: 12:58 2 August 2022
Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital (SOMCH) has been declared shut down indefinitely after the attack on two students.
Meanwhile, the students blocked the hospital director and the college principal on Monday night.
Before this, the medical students blocked the road to protest the beating of two students of the institution. Later, the intern doctors on duty joined them.
The students blockade the road from 10 pm on Monday. at the same time, the students closed all the gates of the hospital. As a result, no patient and their relatives can enter or leave the hospital.
The two injured students are – Rudra and Naimur Rahman Emon.
It is learned that the incident took place due to harassing a female intern doctor.
Sylhet Metropolitan Police deputy police commissioner Azhar Ali Sheikh said, “We are at the scene.” We are closely monitoring the matter. Police are working to keep the overall law and order situation calm. We have already identified the attackers. The operation to catch them is continuing. Hopefully, we can arrest them soon.
- New shuttle schedule for CU admission
- 4 CU students suspended over sexual harassment
- DU seven colleges subject selection results on Sep 28
- Jashore Board SSC Bangla 2nd paper MCQ exam postponed
- Afghanistan bowled Sri Lanka out for 105
- How to apply for DU-affiliated Home Economics admission
- SSC Exams on 4 subjects under Dinajpur board postponed
- ‘Swapnotthan’ works in rehabilitation for flood-affected people
- New schedule of class-exam in BU for saving energy
- Dinajpur Board: Postponed SSC exams to be held Oct 10-13
- Teachers, seats increasing in govt medical colleges
- Seven college Business faculty admission test Friday
- Dinajpur Board again postpones SSC two subjects’ question paper
- Osmani Medical College shut down indefinitely
- SSC-HSC exams on all subjects from 2023