Gold prices fall
Published: 21:44 17 August 2022
Gold prices fall- File Photo
The price of gold has decreased in the local market after increases for three consecutive times. In this, the price of best quality (22-carat) gold decreased by Tk 2,275.
It was said in a press release signed by MA Hannan Azad, Chairman of the Price Determination and Price Monitoring Standing Committee of Bangladesh Jewelers Shamity (BAJUS) on Wednesday.
According to the release, the price of the best quality (22-carat) gold has been decreased by Tk 2275 to Tk 82,056 from Tk 84,331.
The new prices will be effected from Thursday.
Besides, the price of 21-carat gold has been reduced by Tk 2,158 to Tk 78,324; 18-carat gold has been reduced by Tk 1,867 to Tk 67,126. And the traditional gold price has been reduced by Tk 1,692 taka to Tk 55,287.
However, there was no change in the price of silver. The price of 22-carat silver has been fixed at Tk1,516. The price of 21-carat silver has been fixed at Tk 1,435, 18 carat at Tk 1,225 and traditional silver at Tk 933.
Therefore, considering the overall situation, Bangladesh Jewelry Association has fixed the new prices of gold, which will be effective from August 18. Earlier, gold prices were hiked on August 4 and 7 and July 27 and 29.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB