Govt to purchase 1.25cr liters of soybean oil
Published: 16:31 17 August 2022 Updated: 16:34 17 August 2022
Soybean oil; File Photo
The meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) today has approved the proposal to purchase 1 crore 25 lakh liters of soybean oil.
This approval was given in two separate proposals by the Ministry of Commerce.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal chaired a meeting of the CCGP virtually on Wednesday afternoon.
Additional Secretary of the Cabinet Division Md. Abdul Barik gave details to reporters after the meeting.
The Additional Secretary said that a proposal from the Ministry of Commerce has been approved for the purchase of 40 lakh liters of soybean oil directly. Oil will be purchased from Super Oil Refinery Limited. Soybean oil will be bought at Tk 173.95 per liter.
He added that the proposal to buy 85 lakh liters of soybean oil has been approved in a separate proposal by the Ministry of Commerce. Soybean oil will be bought at Tk 171 taka per liter in this lot.
“20 lakh liters of soybean oil will be purchased from Edible Oil Refinery Limited, 35 lakh liters from Bashundhara Multifood Products Limited and 30 lakh liters from Sino Edible Oil Limited,” Md. Abdul Barik said.
Md. Abdul Barik also said that 16 proposals were presented at the CCGP meeting. All 16 proposals have been approved by the committee.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB