BB explains reason behind increasing in dollars price
Published: 14:27 12 August 2022 Updated: 14:38 12 August 2022
Bangladesh Bank (BB) said that more dollars are going out than coming into the country due to which the rate of every dollar has increased to Tk 120 in the open market.
BB spokesperson and executive director Md. Sirajul Islam informed this on Thursday.
He said the amount of dollars are out of the country than receiving. There has been an increase in the outflow of dollars, especially, in various fields including medical, education or travel. That is why, the price of the dollar has increased in the open market. In such a situation, Bangladesh Bank discourage people to carry cash-dollars while going abroad.
Sirajul Islam said that there has been a dollar crisis due to the increase in imports. Even reserves have also been decreased. Imports are more than exports. So there is no option but to increase exports.
He added that BB is regularly supplying dollars from reserves to keep the market normal and it will be continue. However, we should keep an eye to increase remittances.
Operations are underway in the relevant places to catch the dollar manipulators, said the BB spokesperson, warning that actions have already been taken against several institutions due to irregularities.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB