Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
Published: 12:46 11 August 2022 Updated: 14:48 11 August 2022
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi; File Photo
Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi today said the price of edible oil will be adjusted soon. The Tariff Commission is working on this.
He said this to reporters after the cabinet meeting at the Secretariat in the capital on Thursday.
The minister said the price of edible oil has come down in the global market, however, it has not been possible to reduce the price of oil due to the increasing price in dollars. The Tariff Commission is looking into the matter. Prices will be adjusted soon.
He added that the transport traders should unite to prevent excessive profit. In this case, the Ministry of Commerce alone has nothing to do. Traders are raking “extra profits” as transport costs rise. It must be prevented. For this, the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges, Directorate of Consumer Rights Protection and Tariff Commission have to work together.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB