We can give loans again: Finance Minister
Published: 18:40 27 July 2022 Updated: 18:46 27 July 2022
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal; File Photo
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal today said we will be able to give loans again after some days, then the country will have no debt.
Finance Minister said this in response to reporters’ queries after the meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Government Purchase (CCGP) on Wednesday.
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal chaired the CCGP by joining the meeting virtually.
Finance Minister said our economy has not yet become in a “bad state”. When we manage the economy, we have to look at different perspectives. After a few days, we will have no debt. Then we can lend again.
A letter was sent to the IMF regarding the loan, but the ministry said it was not given. About this, AHM Mustafa Kamal said, “It will be said. The advantage is that our meeting is going on at that time. Their team is here. We want them to see our capabilities. They will give loans to Bangladesh, for that we have given them the opportunity.”
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- RMG items export to EU sees 45% growth
- Rice prices fall
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Sugar, oil’s new price fixed
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi