Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
Published: 16:48 25 July 2022 Updated: 17:31 25 July 2022
Dollar; File Photo
In the first 21 days of July of the 2022-23 fiscal year, expatriates sent remittances of $164.28 crore - which is Tk 15,606 crore (Tk 95 per dollar) in Bangladeshi currency.
This information has been obtained in the latest report of Bangladesh Bank.
According to the data of the Central Bank, in the 2021-22 fiscal year, expatriates sent remittances of $2,103.17 crore through banking channels – which is 15.11 percent less than the previous fiscal year. In the 2020-21 fiscal year, $2,477.77 crore remittance came.
Meanwhile, $183.72 crores of remittance came in June – which is $4.80 crore less than the previous month. Besides, $188.53 remittances came in May.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB