Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
Published: 13:25 25 July 2022 Updated: 16:49 25 July 2022
Low and middle-income people will get a loan of up to Tk 30 lakh without any collateral to buy a flat in an eco-friendly multi-storied building. Customers can take this loan for flats of a maximum of 750 square feet.
Bangladesh Bank’s (BB) Sustainable Finance Department issued a circular in this regard and sent it to commercial banks on Sunday.
It has been said that the banks will give loans at a maximum interest rate of 5 to 6 percent at the customer level. In this case, the maximum interest rate will be 5 percent for loans less than five years, 5.5 percent for less than 5-8 years and 6 percent for more than 8 years.
Interest rates on existing refinancing funds have been reduced to one percent at all stages. In total, customers can take this low-interest loan on 68 products that are currently considered to be environmentally friendly.
Banks and financial institutions contracted in the eco-friendly sector used to get funds at 4 percent interest till now. Now one percent is reduced, as a result, they will get the loan at a three percent interest rate.
Under the guidance of Bangladesh Bank’s existing Tk 400 crore refinancing program in the environment-friendly sector, the loan for the construction and purchase of new flats has been added.
The central bank’s circular also said that a 10-year loan with a grace period of 18 months can be taken for buying a flat in an environment-friendly multi-storied building. That is, the repayment of loan installments will start after one and a half years.
Loans will also be given for the construction of multi-storied eco-friendly housing consisting of individuals as well as small units. In this case, the housing company can take a loan of up to Tk 30 crore. The interest rate, loan tenure and grace period will remain the same for the company.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB