Urgent projects to be implemented first: Finance Minister
Published: 14:09 22 July 2022 Updated: 14:10 22 July 2022
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal; File Photo
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said only those projects which need to be done at the moment will be implemented. The rest will be halted for the time being.
He said this to reporters after a meeting with the IMF delegation headed by Rahul Anand, Head of the Asia and Pacific Department on Thursday.
Finance Minister said the work is being done with the help of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Those projects which are very urgent will be implemented first. We divided those as A, B, C in terms of projects.
“If necessary, loans will be taken from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). We do what they say. We will take financial assistance when needed. Then everyone will know,” he said.
Earlier, according to various media reports, Bangladesh has sought $450 crore budget support from the IMF in the next three years. The agency has also shown interest in giving this loan.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- RMG items export to EU sees 45% growth
- Rice prices fall
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Sugar, oil’s new price fixed
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi