Gold price rises Tk4199 per bhori
Published: 21:28 21 May 2022
The rise in the value of the dollar has hit the gold market. The US dollar has risen at an unusual rate. As a result, the price of gold has increased in domestic and foreign markets. As a result, Bangladesh Jewellers' Association (BAJUS) has informed that the price of gold will be increased by Tk 360 per gram which means gold price has increased by Tk 4,199 per bhori.
According to BAJUS, the value of US dollar and other currencies have risen sharply in the international market which resulted in gold prices hike in the international and local markets. The new price of gold and silver has been fixed considering the overall situation. The new price will be applicable across the country from Sunday.
This information was given in a press release sent to the media on Saturday by Enamul Haque Bhuiyan Liton, Vice Chairman of the Standing Committee on Pricing and Monitoring of BAJUS. BAJUS has specifically requested all jewelery traders in Bangladesh to sell gold and silver at this new price until further notice.
According to the new rate, 22-carat (11.664gm) gold will cost Tk 82,464, BAJUS said in a press release, 21 carat will cost Tk 78,732 and 18 carat will cost Tk 67,535.
- Diesel-petrol-octane prices reduced, effective tonight
- Low-middle incomers to get loan of Tk 30 lakh to buy flat
- 5 money changers` license suspended
- Gold price hikes again
- Tk 15606cr remittances received in 21 days
- Garment products go to Poland through Padma Bridge
- BD RMG exports increase by 45% in EU
- Rice prices fall
- BAT Bangladesh named among top income taxpayers
- Edible oil prices likely to reduce in October: Commerce Minister
- BB to release new notes of Tk 10, Tk 20
- Edible oil prices will be adjusted soon: Tipu Munshi
- Tk 75,000cr laundered in digital hundi in a year: CID
- Dollar rate will be fixed based on market rate: Governor
- Govt purchasing 3.30 crore liters of soybean oil for TCB