Auto-Tempo driver strikes underway in Chittagong
Published: 13:46 27 December 2017 Updated: 21:15 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A daylong Auto Tempo strike, enforced by Bangladesh Road Transport of the Chittagong Regional Branch, across Chittagong, is underway.
The organization called the strike on Wednesday and Thursday across the District and Metropolitan area.
On Tuesday, Sitakunda auto-tempo workers’ union general secretary Md. Hasan bulleted and the former general secretary Shafiqur Rahman stabbed in a clash with suspected in front of Haqqani Petrol Pump at Halishahor.
To stop the terrorizing activity and demanding their arrest, the organization called the strikes with stop the movement of buses, minibuses, coaches, auto tempo, auto rickshaws and all passenger vehicles on all routes of Chittagong.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh