4 women die in Srimangal dune collapse
Published: 13:41 19 August 2022 Updated: 17:34 19 August 2022
At least four women tea workers were killed in the tea garden mound collapsed at Srimangal in Moulvibazar.
The incident took place on Friday (August 19) in Lakhaichra tea garden. The four women went to bring soil to coat the house on the occasion of upcoming Durga Puja.
The deceased are tea workers Hiramani Bhumij, Purnima Bhumij, Radha Mahali and Shakuntala Bhumij.
Pranesh Goala, Chairman of Kalighat Upazila said that the four women workers went to collect soil for coating the house in the morning. It collapsed while cutting soil from the mound. They were crushed and killed on the spot.
Shamim Ar Rashid Talkdar, Officer in-Charge (OC) of Srimangal police station said four tea workers died in the landslide. I am going to the scene. Details will be given later.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive