Gazipur rail link restored after 11 hours
Published: 11:27 15 August 2022 Updated: 11:29 15 August 2022
Rail communication on Dhaka- Maymenshingh route was restored after around 11 hours of disruption dereilment of three compartments of a train in Gazipur last night.
A railway source confirmed the matter on Monday morning (August 15, 2022).
Meanwhile, In the incident of derailment of 3 compartments of the train, a five-member probe body was formed as per the instructions of Bangladesh Railway.
Bangladesh Railway Chief Mechanical Kudrat-e Khuda confirmed the matter on Monday.
Three compartments of the Panchagarh-bound Drutajan Express from Dhaka veered off the tracks on the Dhaka-Joydebpur rail route in Dhirashram area around 9:30 on Sunday night. seven people injured in the accident.
Abdul Hamid Mia, Gazipur Fire Service and Civil Defense Deputy Director confirmed incident and said that seven passengers were injured while getting down in a hurry. They were immediately sent to Shaheed Tajuddin Ahmad Medical College Hospital.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh