Tigers roaming panic locals in Purbachal
Published: 18:02 12 August 2022
Tigers roaming panic locals in Purbachal- Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Tigers have been roaming in Purbachal, the outskirts of Dhaka, for a few days which created extreme panic among locals. A video recorded in sector 25 of Purbachal went viral on Facebook last Tuesday. In the video shot by a young man named Swapan, two tiger cubs can be seen walking and playing on Pichdhala road in Purbachal. Since then tiger fear has spread among locals.
Local residents said that a large part of Sector 24 and 25 of Purbachal has been kept by the Forest Department for the beautification of the city. Deep Ghazari forest exists in that area. Although there are other animal sanctuaries inside the forest, this is the first time two tigers have been spotted. Many people in the area have seen these tigers.
Due to tiger scare, many people no longer leave their homes after dusk. Many are moving with sticks to safe themselves in urgent needs. Children and cattle are in trouble. Many also said that cattle are going missing and dying for unknown reasons when they are kept near the forest for food.
Many types of crimes are being committed by taking advantage of silence. Now the tiger has started roaming in the locality. Locals have demanded to strengthen the security of this area to overcome this situation.
Rupganj Upazila Livestock Officer Dr. Md. Regan Molla said that the Upazila Livestock Department claimed the two tiger cubs as cheetah tiger species, and once there was a deep forest in this area of the forest department. Tigers may have lived here since then. Currently, due to lack of food, tigers may come closer to the locality.
- Female teacher, 45, gets married to student, 22
- 8th Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge set to open on Sep 4
- 314 wild birds rescued in Bogura
- 2 children drown in Sitakunda ponds
- Two held over rape on moving bus in Brahmanbaria
- Engineer died in the race between two trucks
- Fire breaks out at jute warehouse in Narayanganj
- Easy bike, microbus collision leaves woman dead
- Body of the teacher who married student recovered
- Bairagirchala people still remember Queen Elizabeth II
- Lawn carpet grass cultivation boons in Chandpur
- Driver killed in bus-truck collision in Rajbari
- Three arrested with 1500 liters of stolen diesel
- Padma-Setu breaths last, only Swapno remains alive
- Pickup van kills security guard in Hazaribagh